It’s been wonderful meeting up with past students years down the track. It’s a good feeling having been a part of their journey. Providing Orientation and Mobility lessons may have been the first opportunities where the person involved started on their way towards independence. Years down the track, I have observed them catching buses, crossing roads, working in a job and making plans for the future. I love to see progress. And I guess that’s why I enjoy my work so much – I do see results, I see progress and optimism, drive and enthusiasm. I see success.
Currently in my role, I am:
- observing, assessing, playing, conversing, analysing, perceiving, advocating, sharing, monitoring, encouraging, assisting, demonstrating, empowering, supporting, interpreting, explaining, writing, reporting, applying, creating, designing, posting, blogging
- providing supports for lifelong learning.
- Increasing my workload, contracts are being offered, my diary spaces are being filled
- Continuing to love what I do by imparting my knowledge onto others
- Being contacted to answer questions, to find out more about what else ‘Eyes and Independence’ can do for you, or your child, grandchild, neighbour…